Skip to main content

Introduction

Welcome to How To Move To France!

My name is Emily and I moved to France two months ago for my university Year Abroad. I can honestly say that it has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but that is because I had no advice or guidance on how to do anything right.

This blog will be dedicated to explaining all the many and ongoing mistakes I made when I moved, in the hopes that others in the future can learn from them. Moving to a foreign country (especially one as disorganised and unhelpful as France) can be a stressful and lonely experience, so if I can make that process a bit smoother for just one person, I will be happy!

I've done everything the hard way and from scratch myself, so will be covering topics such as banking, insurance, the internet, and French benefits (CAF), with particular mention of the British Council (as that is what I am doing!) However, this information is not just for people on their Year Abroad but anyone who is moving and could use a bit of help.

À de suite!

Emily

Comments